Tuesday, April 13, 2010

I used to sometimes get this feeling in my body. It felt like my ribcage was filled with liquid amber or like I had light poured in me. It made me want to scream or cry or explode into thousands of shards, maybe like a star dying. I couldn't tell if it was a feeling of extreme sadness or extreme happiness, maybe both. It was visceral and unbearable and made me feel as though if only I could harness it in some purposeful way I would achieve something great in my life, be spectacular. No one else ever explained having this feeling to me, until my friend David. http://thecolourofmyloveforyou.blogspot.com/2010/04/walk.html
Being outside at night and seeing the moon or walking around alone, feeling the world breathe around me used to trigger this feeling. But now I never feel like this anymore. When I walk I feel like me; heavy in my body, out of conversation with the consciousness of the world.

3 comments:

  1. <3 <3 <3
    I think you put it way better than I did. This is probably one of the best posts I've ever read; it gave me shivers, and I couldn't write anything for a few minutes.
    You will feel that way again, when you least expect

    ReplyDelete

 
Site Meter